donderdag 8 maart 2012

Inspiration

sometimes come at the strangest moments and places. Im happy we are not a regular brand with seasonal deadlines. It would most probably kill my creativity completely if I had to come up with a complete collection at a set moment everytime again. No, it makes me happy to make what I like and what I want at the moment the inspiration comes to me.



Where do I get my inspiration? Well from loads of things I can say honoustly. Sometimes I see a building with a certain structure which inspires me to make a fun skirt with the same movement. It can be just a colour or a conversation. A kid with a dress that is uncomfortable. I have been teaching myself to make an instant drawing (if possible) immediatly. Sadly by not doing so in the past Im pretty sure I have forgotten a couple of great ideas.





Inspiration can also come from a very obvious place. Fashion! Lately I have been inspired greatly by the retro mod dresses scene which has been booming for a while already. (Mod is the style of being modern or up-to-date in fashion and culture.) Im in love with retro fifties, sixties and  seventies dresses. I see other designers being inspired by it as well.





A couple of weeks ago I ordered this dress from Thongbai Tatong. A comfortable tricot dress in retro, sixties mod style. What a great dress. I simply could not resist and I downsized the model for the little girlies. With an up to date fabric for girls from now ofcourse. I adore this little dress. Little girlies welcome to the sixties. You can be retro now as well :-)